V2.2.2013

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:59 PM
I've started to post beta releases of what will become the next Isis2 general release. Let me know if you run into any problems, even minor things. Thanks!

This version won't have any new functionality. It pulls together bug fixes and other small patches, but has no major changes at all.
Jun 10, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Excellent!

I patched the version I'm running to include the two tests for null values that you pointed out. It has run for three days ( 75 million transactions ) without repeating the issue - so whatever you did it seems to have worked.

Thanks

J.D.

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:56 PM
For some reason the download was showing with two recommended source files. I deleted both and uploaded my current version (it may show as V2.2.2004 but in fact the only change relative to V2.2.2003 is trivial). But now the download is "untangled." No idea how I ended up with two different uploads. Maybe I hit refresh?
Jun 22, 2015 at 7:51 PM

I have moved to testing two servers behind a load balancer. One issue I need to overcome is how multiple copies of the server software decide they are the Leader. Do I need to pin this to a specific network card? The physical servers have two NICS and when I start the second instance on another server behind the load balancer - It also think it is the Leader and both instances crash.

Thanks

J.D.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:57 PM
To me this should be a different thread. Hard for people to look it up otherwise. I'll start one.
Jul 16, 2015 at 8:14 PM
OK, so V2.2.2003 is now a new stable, general release. Please take a moment to "rate" the release if you use it. Report any problems by creating new threads on the "issues" tab. Post questions or requests for help here on the discussions tab.
Jul 17, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I have downloaded the latest version.

My unit tests all pass.

I will not get to run a full regression until Monday. (I'm working on production issues today)

Thanks,

J.D.

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:41 PM
I've corrected the small problem jdhicks triggered by using DHTEnable(2,2,1). In fact there may be another issue and I need to do additional tests at very large scale (somehow the DHTEnable(2,2,1) was actually triggering a code path intended for DHTs with hundreds of members, and the issue he encountered suggests that this very large scale case may have a bug). Anyhow, I uploaded the fix, which caused the version number to tick up to V2.2.2013.